It’s my pleasure to serve as host of this week’s Best of Money Carnival, a weekly listing of the top ten personal finance blog posts. As always, there were many great submissions. Here are my picks for this week’s top ten in countdown order.
8. 5 Reasons to Keep Emergency Funds in an Online Savings Account posted at Money Help For Christians: Craig offers solid reasons why to look online when deciding where to keep your rainy day fund.
7. Final Piece of Credit CARD Act of 2009 Starts and How it Affects You posted at Free From Broke: Craig provides a helpful summary of some of the new rules credit card issuers have to follow and what they mean for you and me.
6. How a Second Income Stream Can Give You Some Financial Security posted at The Digerati Life: Guest author Kevin of 20sMoney.com writes of the benefits of a second stream of income and offers up some good ideas for getting that second stream flowing.
5. Coupons for Lottery Tickets – Seriously? posted at Provident Planning: Paul uses the Pennsylvania Lottery’s whacky idea of providing “big savings” coupons for discounted purchases of lottery tickets as the basis for an informative post on the slim chances of winning the jackpot.
4. Martin Luther King, Jr Had a Dream – Do You? posted at Enemy of Debt: Brad uses the anniversary of King’s “I Have a Dream” speech to talk about the importance of having a financial dream and what it takes to make challenging, worthy dreams come true.
3. Big Difference Between Average and Median Net Worths posted at Free Money Finance: FMF looks at the true financial state of American households and comes to a frequently stated but important conclusion.
2. What Is #1 Problem Amongst Gen Y? posted at Gen Y Wealth: R.J. offers some great Labor Day advice for people who hate their job that is applicable to the unemployed as well. There’s some especially good advice about the importance of using your personal network vs. responding to online job postings.
And here’s my pick for this week’s best post.